Monday, November 08, 2021

An Irishman for Christmas

Where I grew up in Cleveland
we celebrated Christmas with Chinese
but since I’ve been in Boston
I’ve wanted one of these
I want an Irishman for Christmas
straight from the Kerry hills


Hi Irish visitors of this blog (or people with a lust for Irishmen) this song's for you. It's one of the songs on a short compilation with rock-y Christmas songs, and this (sinful) ode to Mick's and Paddy's. Berk/Lehane = Jerry Lehane (of Dogmatics, Matweeds) and Simone Berk (Sugar Snow, Kid Gulliver). They met online through her hit “Queen of the Drive In” with WhistleStop Rock. He thought it was a great song, and started a conversation with Simone about songwriting. Next thing you know, they penned a "Jewish/Irish Christmas song" about a very special Christmas wish.
The song was released a year ago, but winds up on this 2021. I had not spotted it last year. Also very nice, is the rockabilly rendition of Angels We've Heard On High.

0 comments: